Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm So Confused!

(originally written on 10/11)

Hanging in Gdansk now and wishing we had left Warsaw one day earlier. This is a beautiful town with lots of stuff for me to see and do. Unfortunately, all the museums are closed on Mondays. As such, we have decided to skip Malbok (heresy!!!) and catch it on our next trip to Poland. (no date yet, but I'm sure we'll get back here at some point). There's a great cheesy trip via "pirate ship" or "galleon" - actually regular metal hulled modern ships with set dressing on the top to make them look like tall ships - to Westerplatte that we think we might do today. Westerplatte, for those of you with History education courtesy of the US public schools, is where the first shots of WWII were fired.

Love the hotel, love the location, but not best pleased with the "our credit card machine isn't working" excuse once again. We have to pay cash for our Cracow stay, which is going to be close to $700 for each of us, and we are running into withdrawal limits. We might have chosen a different, less charming and historical hotel had we known they were going to pull that BS.

I am unable to get the internet in my room to work so I'm typing this at an internet cafe. Naturally they have the OS working in Polish and it's underlining pretty much everything I type. Didn't realize I was such a poor speller. I will be checking my bank account on a machine where I am better able to tell how to dump the cache. Sadly, that means no new pictures will be posted for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment